Top 17 of 2017

    It's about that time!  The ending of 2017 calls for my 17 favorites of the year!  I was going to incorporate moments and items, but if I did moments I think it would turn into way too personal of a blog post since I had a lot of amazing moments this year, so I limited it to just products/items.  Here are the products or personalities that helped form my year!

17. Keurig

I have had a Keurig for quite a few years and I love it.  However, my single serve Keurig was starting to act up a bit and when Nick and I moved in together we began to think about purchasing a new one.  My dad ended up buying a new one, a Keurig 2.0, as a housewarming gift, and it's been the best!  It has it's own filter so the water is always crisp and clean and it heats up SO fast!  There are cup size options to fit a variety of different sized mugs so if you need a little caffeine or a lot, there's a setting to meet it.  It has definitely become one of the most used items in my apartment!

My trusty Keurig 2.0 and reusable K-cups


16. Reusable K-Cups

Along with my new Keurig, I have been using refillable K-cups for almost 7 months now and I will not switch back to regular K-cups unless it's for work.  I get a half pound bag of ground coffee from my favorite coffee shop, store it in an airtight container, and put a few scoops in one of these guys every morning.  A half pound bag will easily last me a month if it is just me having it.  I was buying (and throwing out) a new box of K-cups every other week when I was using traditional K-cups so I'm very happy I switched to these!


15. Epic Mascara

As you guys know I'm a Younique representative and while I do use it as my side hustle, it is something I have truly grown to enjoy and love.  It has helped me to learn a lot about business, organization and inspired me to engage in a lot of personal development.  Other than a lot of growth, I love the makeup!  There are a few products that I reach for every day and Epic Mascara is one of them!  It is now my holy grail eye product and since my customers and friends began using it- they feel the same way!



14. Podcasts

Podcasts have literally changed my mornings and my mindset!  I used to start every morning by watching the morning news and would find myself getting emotional or upset by a lot of the disturbing stories.  When my favorite morning newscaster was fired, I didn't want to watch the news anymore and remembered a lot of my Younique groups mentioned podcasts.  I did some research and began starting my morning with a Podcast, instead of the morning news.  By starting the morning with an uplifting and/or informative Podcast I am starting my day with a more positive mindset and not being bogged down by the negativity of the world.

13. The Champagne Diet

The Champagne Diet quickly became one of my favorite Podcasts and and Cara, the mastermind behind it, quickly became one of my favorite people.  The Champagne Diet is a podcast and blog that really just wants to help women become their best selves.  She is very empowering and I just ordered one of her books that I can't wait to get and dive into!  If you are looking to really empower yourself and make 2018 your best year yet, I think she could definitely help to get you in the mindset to do so!



12. The Skinny Confidential

Another Podcast and blog that I am equally obsessed with is The Skinny Confidential.  I have added so many wellness products to my Amazon wishlist thanks to Lauryn (the author) of The Skinny Confidential.  She is always writing about really cool health and beauty trends that I have never heard of and I ordered quite a few products to add to my routine because of her.  She writes like I imagine hanging out with her would be and I just love it.



11. Lululemon Leggings

I am someone who never thought I would be spending $100 on anything clothing related, let alone a pair of leggings.  After becoming an avid legging wearer I had a conversation with one of my best friends about finding winter weight leggings and she said she invested in a pair of Lulus and they even have a lifetime guarantee.  I braced myself to walk into the bright and overpriced store and told the salesperson what I wanted.  She put me in a dressing room with a super flattering black pair of leggings and told me the price included alterations and a lifetime guarantee (for $100 it better).  When I picked them up and put them on I completely understood the hype.  My butt had never looked better and I wear them at least twice a week.  Nick even got me a gift card for our anniversary to buy an olive pair for the fall.  If you are on the fence about the price, just do yourself a favor and give them a whirl!

10. I Love Kickboxing

If you have a local ilovekickboxing.com do yourself a favor and go check out their introductory package.  I totally have a love/hate relationship with them as I love the workouts, but when my intro deal is over  I won't be able to afford to maintain my membership since we are saving for the wedding.  For now though, I am so obsessed with the workouts.  The hour literally flies by and the instructors are so adorable and so helpful.




9. Happy Planner

I have just become so obsessed with my Happy Planner.  It is the key to any sense of organization I may have.  My planner is cute and little and just screams me.  I've bought a couple of different covers for it from it Etsy- including a Minnie Mouse cover and a Harry Potter cover.  If you are in need of a simple and effective (and affordable) planner, check out your local Michaels and grab you a Happy Planner.



8. Scentsy Cubes

I have become a fan of these little wax cubes from Scentsy and Scentsy like brands.  I have a couple of different "burners" that I use all over my home and I love to use them to make my house and classroom smell yummy.  There is literally a scent for everyone!

7. Hard Boiled Eggs

This is a random one I know, but it's a favorite!  Most mornings Monday-Friday you can find me having 2 hard boiled eggs for breakfast.  For me, they are just the perfect breakfast.  They are quick, easy, keep me full and healthy!  To make it even easier, I have been using this hard boiled egg cooker that my mom got me! I was never able to really perfect hard boiled eggs stove top and this little guy makes it so easy.


6. Sweet Potatoes

Another random one, sweet potatoes have become a super easy and cheap food staple for me.  My friend at work got me hooked on a lunch of sweet potatoes, chick peas, feta and balsamic.  It's healthy and inexpensive.  If you are looking for an easy lunch, I definitely recommend trying this recipe or looking into other ways to utilize sweet poatoes.

5. Sleepy Tea/Well Rested Tea

Oh My Gaaaa! This stuff is everything!  I drink a mug of this every school night.  I'm not sure if it really does help me to fall asleep or if it is just such a part of my routine that I can't fall asleep with out it.  My favorite is the Well Rested Tea from Trader Joes, but I have also tried the Sleepy Time Tea.



4. Mantras

After I started listening to The Champagne Diet I really got into using mantras.  I have what I call a "positive living" notebook that I basically turn into a real life Pinterest Page with mantras, uplifting quotes, tips on turning a bad day around, just ways to live a super positive life.  I have been using mantras for a few months now and usually switch them up weekly.  I will post one in my planner for the week and try to recite it to myself a couple times daily, especially while getting ready in the morning.  It sounds a little hippie dippy, I totally get it.  However, if saying one little statement can help to put me in a better mood, why not be a little hippie dippy?



3. Facebook Groups

I have been loving Facebook groups for ideas, inspiration and for making new internet friends.  I'm in a variety of groups ranging from healthy eating, to Happy Planners, to Younique, to the Champagne Diet group!  If you have a hobby or an interest, I guarantee you there is one (or 100) Facebook groups dedicated to it!

2.  My new Apartment

I loved my old apartment, it reminded me of growing up in the Bronx.  My old apartment was for my single Melissa chapter, my new apartment is the beginning of the new book of my life.  This place is just gorgeous and it's so fun to make a home with someone else.  The apartment is gorgeous, but the building is even better!  There's a gym, an indoor pool, a lounge with a fireplace and INDOOR PARKING.  As I'm writing this and it's only 14 degrees out, the indoor parking is a huge plus. A full photo tour coming soon!

1. My Engagement Ring

Is there any doubt that this number one?  Getting engaged was my number one moment of life so far! My ring is so perfect and every time I look at it I see a ring that symbolizes my future life with Nick and finding my perfect balance in someone else.  I never wanted a typical engagement ring and always wanted a sapphire ring.  I can't believe Nick got the ring so perfect as it's literally me in engagement ring form. Unique, classic and just a little bit too much.