Tip Tuesday: Just Say No

    The other day I was having a discussion at work with a friend of mine about how busy her schedule was.  While I have never had a super busy social schedule I came to a realization a few years ago that has been very important to me.  The power of saying no.
    Saying no could be very liberating and very empowering.  It could also be very freeing.  Saying no to people or situations that would bring you stress, agitation or that you just don't have time for is ok! In fact, I feel it is the ultimate act of self-care!  So release the guilt of agreeing and just say no.

     Don't get me wrong- it's not easy to just start saying no to people you would normally say yes to.  At the beginning, the guilt of saying no is sometimes worse than what you were actually saying no to!  However, with practice and time you will begin to feel the freedom of saying no and you will be more open to saying yes to experiences and people you actually want to give your time to!

Labels: , , , , , , ,