Quick Tip Tuesday: Makeup Storage


I have quite a makeup collection.  Not nearly as excessive as a lot of girls I see on Instagram and Youtube, but I do have quite a lot.  It's a love and a hobby of mine and actually what inspired me to write my first blog.
   If you have an extensive makeup collection or if you have just a few products, it's important to store them properly.
    Please, please, please do not store your makeup in the bathroom, especially the bathroom counter. The best temperature to store your makeup and/or skin care is actually at room temperature.  Steamy showers and fluctuating temperatures in the bathroom make it a less than ideal place to store your favorite foundation or eyeshadow.  The fluctuating temperatures and moisture in the air can shorten the life span of your makeup or even harbor bacteria growth.
   The best place to store your makeup and skin care is in a cool, dry spot away from direct sunlight.    

Labels: , , , , ,