Money Matters: Earny

    If you are anything like me, your credit card got quite a workout this weekend.  I put quite a huge dent in my holiday shopping this weekend all from the comfort of my own living room!
    Normally, I would use my debit card for 95% of my purchases because I hate having any kind of credit card debt and I am still in the process of paying off my wedding dress on my credit card.  However, for most of my purchases I ended up using my credit card for one specific reason: Earny.
    A large majority of retailers and major credit card companies have a policy where if a price drops on an item purchased within 90 days you are entitled to the difference.  I don't know about you, but I don't have time to stalk prices every day and quite honestly, I would forget after a few days anyway.  That's where Earny comes in!


     Earny connects to both your inbox and credit cards and collects your electronic receipts.  "He" monitors the prices of the items you purchased and if he sees a cheaper price he files a claim for the difference on your behalf!
    You will be notified if Earny is able to receive a refund for you and it will be debited right back to the card used to make the purchase, although some companies choose to mail out checks.  Earny takes 25% of any refund issued to you, which considering I don't usually track items to get any refunds, is not a bad deal.
   Currently Earny works with the following retailers:
Amazon, Best Buy, Bloomingdales, Carters, Costco, Gap Group Stores, J.Crew, Jet, Kohls, Macy's, New Egg, Nordstroms, Overstock, Sears, Staples, Target, Walmart and Zappos.

That's a lot of stores!!

If getting some cash back in your pocket seems appealing, definitely give Earny a try by clicking here! 


Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,