Match.com- Does It Work?

       I've heard ( and even met a few people) who were embarrassed  to admit that they had met their significant others on Match.com.  Well, I am here to say proudly that I met my fiancee on Match and I'm grateful for it, because otherwise I most likely would've never crossed paths with him!

     The way I met my fiancee on Match is not the norm.  I signed up after the urging of a co-worker to get off all of the free sites.  Nick was the first and only guy I met and it was an instant spark.  It sounds like a fairytale and don't get me wrong, it totally was (and still is) but it wasn't THAT easy.

     I had been on Match previously a few years before with zero luck.  The most successful date I had via Match that round (I was on it once previously as well) was with a guy who proceeded to tell me on our first date that he wanted to be dominated.  Not like whips and chains, but like treated like a "house boy" (his words, not mine) and given chores and demoralized.  UMMM BYE!

       In my mind using a dating website like Match (like real dating) is all about timing.  If you aren't on the site or a member of the site at right moment you are going to meet the same weirdos that you would on a free dating site or in a bar.  However, there is a way to help navigate through some of it and this applies to all dating websites (not apps) not just Match.


Picture from Reddit.com





Labels: , , ,