How I Cut The Cord With Cable (and why I'm mending that cord now)

    A few months back I decided it was finally time to cut the cord with cable.  I was getting so tired of my cable bill continuing to go up when the service stayed exactly the same.  I was paying around $130 a month for internet service, home phone (which I never used) and about 50 channels total.  This just seemed outlandish to me.
   
     A few friends of mine and some relatives cut the cord and just used Netflix or a similar service.  However, due to the fact that I am a massive sports feign, this did not suit me.  I also hate being out of the loop when it comes to my trashy reality tv!

     Playstation Vue became the ideal solution for me.  I currently have the "Core" plan which is $45 a month.  This includes a large majority of the channels I watch on a regular basis: basic cable channels, USA, Bravo, OWN and my sports networks!



     Unfortunately, my local cable provider is still tremendously expensive when it comes to internet service.  I end up only saving between $15-$20 a month by using my cable provider's internet and Playstation Vue.  However, I am still saving around $200 a year which is a big bonus!  I also find myself not flipping as mindlessly as I used to with cable.  If there's nothing legitimately on I will put on a show on demand or watch a Youtube video instead.  I truly love Playstation Vue and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for anyway to lower their expenses.



   With that being said, when my fiancee and I move in together we are reconnecting that cord.  Why??  Most cable providers, including mine, offer such fantastic deals for the first two years of a contract that a monthly bill comes out to be less than an internet + Vue deal!  We will take advantage of the promotional pricing and when it returns to "normal" pricing we will switch back to our Playstation Vue!

Speaking of Playstation Vue, 
would anyone be interested in a tutorial post on how to use the system??

Labels: , , , , , , , ,